KEY DATES (all required attendance):
- January 24 First Meeting
- January 31 First Full Rehearsal
- February 2 Rhythm Reading Class – Part 1 – Thursday 6:30 pm (mandatory for some)
- February 5 Rhythm Reading Class – Part 2 – Sunday 2:00 pm (mandatory for some)
- April 25 Run Through
- May 2 Dress/Tech Rehearsal
- May 6 Concert 7:30 pm
- May 7 Concert 2:00 pm
What We Need
If you can carry a tune, have good control of your voice, have a good blending voice quality, have a love of choral music and are willing to dedicate your time to an established chorus, we are looking for you! Candidates will be expected to:
- Sing Happy Birthday unaccompanied, starting on middle C (use this to get you started)
- Demonstrate full control of mix and head voice
- Have the ability to stay on pitch
Choral experience and the ability to read music is helpful, but not required. The desire to spend time rehearsing, alone and at rehearsals and section practices to produce a wonderful result is absolutely necessary! Time involvement may include attendance at weekly sectional rehearsals in addition to the regular Tuesday night rehearsals. Finally, like all serious performing organizations, there are commitments involved in joining the group, financial and otherwise. Please review these before auditioning. In particular, if you are accepted, $50 partial dues must be paid immediately following your audition. The chorus meets for rehearsal every Tuesday night from 7:00 – 9:45 pm in the upstairs rehearsal room at the theater.
Please go to “Listen to us” to hear some examples of our varied repertoire!